Five Ways to Celebrate Financial Literacy Month
Financial Advisors Offers Actionable Tips for Improving Finances
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL – August 8, 2013 – April is National Financial Literacy Month, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Consumers are feeling more pinched each week with rapidly increasing gas and food prices and sluggish economic growth. According to a recent survey by Career Builder, 77 percent of American consumers are living paycheck to paycheck.
Financial Literacy Month is the perfect opportunity for individuals and families to change their financial situation by learning about important financial matters like creating and managing a budget, paying down debt while saving for emergencies, and creating achievable financial goals. According to Bob Barboni, President of Evershore Financial Group, there are five things you can do now to improve your financial outlook:
- Make a commitment. Changing your relationship with money is not an easy task; it takes hard work and a strong commitment. “I would suggest working with a financial advisor who will help keep you on track,” Barboni stated.
- Assess your financial situation - A simple quiz can help you understand your current financial position. Knowing where you are today will help you determine the best path toward meeting your financial goals.
- Get organized - Getting your financial house organized is a great way to begin on a clear path toward financial wellness.
- Set priorities – Understanding the difference between needs and wants will help you establish financial priorities and set realistic goals.
- Live on a budget – Spending less than you earn is easier said than done, but a solid budget is the most important element of any successful financial strategy. Barboni added “Don’t forget to budget for your own savings. It’s important to pay yourself first.”
“Changing your financial habits and your relationship with money can be hard work, but the payoff is priceless,” said Barboni. “The important thing to remember while on your journey to financial freedom is to stay flexible. Revisit your financial strategy often and make changes as needed.”
About Evershore Financial Group. Under the leadership of Bob Barboni, LUTCF, CFP®, Evershore Financial Group is a fullservice financial firm offering a variety of products and services from some of the strongest and most respected companies in the industry. Evershore Financial Group specializes in offering comprehensive wealth management tailored to the unique needs of individuals and business owners. The firm is headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens and has additional office locations in Boca Raton and Orlando.